This whole “waffling anything that can fit in a waffle iron” is totally new to me. But according to others, it’s a thing.
I gotta say, I’m liking it. It’s easy and it makes everything taste better. I’ve been lifting ideas and techniques from the waffle king, aka. my brother.
This grilled mac and cheese is his recipe: I took it, made it and waffled it. Then repeated it for dinner—twice.
I’m totally jumping on the waffling bandwagon, so stay tuned!
Waffled Grilled Mac and Cheese
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 1-2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ cup mac and cheese (recipe follows)
- 5-6 jalapeno slices, pan seared (optional)
- Mac and Cheese | Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- For the remainder of the recipe, hit the jump here: http://realfoodbydad.com/bacon-mac-and-cheese-melt/